The Annapolis Design District is a non-profit organization established to create a vibrant design district in the City of Annapolis (the “District”). The notion behind the Annapolis Design District is a simple one — To build a “cool” urban neighborhood where leading home design, showroom, arts and other innovative/entrepreneurial businesses can create, collaborate and enjoy.
Located in Annapolis’ industrial area, bounded by West Street (north), Chinquapin Round Road (west), Legion Avenue (east) and Forest Drive (south), the Design District attracts entrepreneurs because of its central location, creative environment and collaborative approach toward business. Founded in 2007, we are a grass-roots, community based organization whose membership comprises a diverse mix of businesses, property owners, retailers and service providers. While members each bring unique interests and talents we all share a common vision about our organization’s mission:
- To attract a diverse mix of design, showroom, arts and other innovative entrepreneurial businesses to the District
- To promote member businesses and the District through cooperative marketing, business development and public relations
- To foster creativity and collaboration among members through sponsoring special events which are interesting, educational and fun
- To improve the District’s appearance by encouraging better streetscape and landscape design to make the neighborhood a more distinctive and attractive place to work, shop and live
- To advocate and be an effective government liaison on political, regulatory and economic development issues that impact the members and the District
Looking ahead, our top priority is expanding our membership base with existing businesses in the neighborhood. Having a strong membership core is essential for our community to accomplish our bold mission. Working together we can make the Design District a reality and finally have a cool urban neighborhood where we can all create, collaborate and enjoy.
Please join our community and help us make an impact.